Sunday, January 22, 2012

Sarkozy-Merkel and plastic stacking chairs

I was entertained by the very first photographs of Sarkozy and Merkel together, and I still am. Lately, I find that other people enjoy them just as much. Some publication (I forget which) even predicted in a joking way that they'd run away together in 2012. I'm also fascinated by the way that plastic stacking chairs have found their way around the world and can be seen in photographs taken in the most remote places. The most popular ones are those with arms. The first ones I ever saw were Grosfillex ("commercial resin"), perhaps the original style, and Ace Mart Restaurant Supply always kept them in stock. Similar chairs have been photographed on every continent in every sort of situation. They don't stand up well to direct sunlight if the temperatures are torrid, but they're all very versatile and quite comfortable. Their light weight and "stackability" are wonderful features. Small stacking tables are sometimes to be found, and they make fine footstools.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home