Monday, February 26, 2007

FTP panic

I always go out to DOS and the C-prompt to upload files and do directory work. Nothing was happening. The server connection was closing with the report that nothing had been transferred. I even tried using the browser to upload, with the same result. What had changed? Finally, I thought of the anti-virus update that included a completely changed and much more confusing interface. Could that be the problem? A changed firewall setting? It was. Somewhere nested down in the stupid menus there's a way to briefly turn off the firewall. I'm going to try to find if there's something that permits certain sorts of access through certain ports. If I don't, it appears that I'm going to have to memorize how to get to the deep menu item that allows temporary turn-off of the firewall. Why would the anti-virus program mess with my FTP? What an annoyance! Who has time for this stuff?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home