Sunday, October 22, 2006

Into two kinds

A list in town asks newcomers to describe themselves by selecting either sauce or no sauce. I think that's really about BBQ, but it could be about so much more. I'm definitely no sauce in practically any situation. If the world can always be divided into two kinds of people, one temperamental sorter, I think, is between cave-dwellers and treetoppers. Some like to be where it's warm and dark and close to the ground; others want to be aloft, in good weather and bad. How much I loved the picture of Mabel Dodge Luhan's so-called solarium (I bet it was a sleeping porch and once screened in) at her Taos ranch, which I only just learned is one and the same as the establishment kept by Dennis Hopper back in those times.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home