Monday, July 03, 2006

"Walk with me, not on me"

"Stereo Effect Reprocessed from Monophonic Remastered by Don Miller." I Guess I'm Crazy (For Loving You) still receives airplay. Porter Wagoner Country is the title of this very short RCA Camden album, CAS-2478. No sidemen are credited here, but the steel player is tops. I love I've Enjoyed About as Much of This as I Can Stand. The fiddle and steel interludes on I Went Out of My Mind are superlative. Earlier Porter Wagoner sometimes sounded very much like Hank Williams. Tricks of the Trade is a Hank-like song treated in a Hank-like way. I Wonder Where You Are Tonight is another favorite, with twin fiddles and steel. This continues to be covered. Johnny Bond wrote it. Hank Snow is among those who recorded it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home