Sunday, June 04, 2006

Sun 103

This album is called Jerry Lee Lewis: Original Golden Hits - Volume 2. It's short but there's not a dog on it. I love this line from Fools Like Me: "It doesn't really matter what you are; it only matters what you are to me." These tracks are a crazy mix of country songs with the Jerry Lee touch plus jitterbug toe-tappers. There's also a Vegas-ized version of Money. Here's the track list from this 1969 compilation: Fools Like Me, Breakup, Money (That's All I Want), I'll Make It All Up To You, Mean Woman Blues, High School Confidential, How's My Ex Treating You, I'll Sail My Ship Alone, I Could Never Be Ashamed Of You, Save The Last Dance For Me. Besides Fools Like Me and of course High School Confidential, other favorites are How's My Ex Treating You, I'll Sail My Ship Alone, and I Could Never Be A-Shamed of You. In I Could Never Be Ashamed of You, Jerry Lee says pre-haps. This album, along with volume 1, has been reissued on CD (sound samples are here). It's funny to hear What'd I Say with a non-electric piano and without the Raelettes. I know I have volume 1 somewhere.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home