Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Scouting, part two

Scout Sc-1 (Bye, Bye Bird . . .), Sc-2 (Look Out, Sam!), and SC-5 (Alabama Blues!) have been found and played. The on-line Scout discography and track list is incomplete for Sc-1, so I'll complete it here: Robert Pete Williams (Midnight Boogie), Little Brother Montgomery (Vicksburg Blues), Willie Dixon (Big-legged Woman), Sunnyland Slim (Leavy [sic] Camp Moan), J. B. Lenoir (Everybody Is Crying About Vietnam), and Hubert Sumlin (When I Feel Better). I'll do the same for Sc-2: side 1 contains Otis Rush Blues Band (It Takes Time), Magic Sam's Blues Band (All Your Love), J. B. Lenoir's Afro-American Blues Band (Down in Mississippi), the Junior Wells Blues Band (Look Out, Sam!), and Joe Turner with the Otis Rush Blues Band (Come On, Baby); side 2 contains Magic Sam's Blues Band (Sometimes), the Junior Wells Blues Band (Over Yonder Walls), Magic Sam's Blues Band (Call Me If You Need Me), the Junior Wells Blues Band (Shake My Hand), Magic Sam's Blues Band (Torchering [sic] My Soul), and J. B. Lenoir and Company (I Feel So Good). And so here's the information for Sc-5, with the Weeping Eye cover: side 1 contains Alabama Blues, The Mojo Boogie, God's Word, The Whale Has Swallowed Me, Remove This Rope, and I Feel So Good; on side 2 are Alabama March, Talk to Your Daughter, Mississippi Road, Good Advice, Vietnam, and I Want to Go.

1 Comments:

At 8:15 AM, April 25, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Rantor,
just today I got Scout Sc1 (which I was the high bidder at eBay with - would you believe - 4 EURO, which is even less USD) to complete my Scout discography. After adding the track list I googled for 'Leavy Camp Moan' and hence found your blog. I hope you don't mind me having added the tracklist for Sc2 from your page ;-)
Best regards
Stefan Wirz

 

Post a Comment

<< Home