Sunday, January 09, 2005

Marketing madness

In the November Atlantic is one of many tributes in remembrance of Bill Mitchell, inventor of Cool Whip, Tang, Pop Rocks, and much else new to the twentieth-century up-to-the-minute housewife. I've tasted none of the products mentioned in this or any of the other entertaining articles about this man. I just don't move in cake-mix circles. And then there's a brief piece in the February Metropolis magazine, illustrated by a beautiful stack of packages of Colgate, on the zany brand-segmentation in the dentrifice market. This doesn't seem to be on line yet, but it's called "The Toothpaste Aisle" (Karrie Jacobs). The last time I tried to buy what I wanted, I just gave up and bought some Tom's cinnamon because I like the flavor and couldn't find the exact product sought in the first place.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home