Thursday, May 16, 2002

I hate the current Dell help-desk lot. They're pleasant, but they want to send a list of the same trouble-shooting stuff that's already been performed. There must be a monitor somewhere that I can borrow so that I can isolate the problem to monitor or card. I wish I hadn't given away my old one. It's luck of a sort never to have had a monitor go first. I've never even seen a television go. When we finally got a TV, it was a used one from Ben's Radio Shop (B&W, of course) and is still going strong after decades. Then, for our own household, we got that one that was "portable" with rocket-fins. That came from an abandoned roadhouse/dancehall in the woods and was used. In New Mexico there was no reception anyhow, just the sound from one station. When the sound stopped working, we bought another used "portable," this time from a pawnshop in Albuquerque. One of the best features of the Balcones Recycling building (old Shorty's Bar) was a wonderful series of maps of wood-pulping and paper-manufacturing locations in the U.S. and around the world. Even Battenville, which is on very few maps of any kind at all, was shown. Susan B. Anthony did spend a part of her childhood there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home